Choosing the best hosting service for WordPress is a daunting job, that too if you are a beginner. Ideally, our requirement is for a hosting platform which does justice to the content, offers strong reliability and that too at an affordable price. To make this task easier wordpress hoster vergleich gives a step-wise comparison of various services offered, making it considerably easier for you to choose the best-suited one. As per the study by www.forbes.com, the hosting market has been really competitive right now. New age WordPress focused companies have raised the bar in terms of performance and price.
Primarily we need to understand various types of hosting services currently available:
- Free WordPress hosting: Which is a good option for beginners, although it has a limitation in terms of control and customization. Also, sponsored ads are visible on your website which may not be very appealing.
- Shared Hosting: Multiple sites share the same IP address, hard disk space, bandwidth. A cheaper option, but have issues regarding speed, security, and space.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: A certain portion of resources on the server are provided to the user, with an option to buy additional memory and space as and when required.
- Dedicated Hosting: It is a hosting configuration where all the resources are dedicated to a single client. It’s an expensive option and also required a dedicated technical support to manage it.
- Fully Managed WordPress platform: It is the WordPress-specific hosting service which takes care of WordPress specific updates on a regular basis, ensuring the security of the document and enhancing overall website performance.
WordPress ideally needs to be running on PHP 5.6 (or greater) and MySQL 5.5 (or higher). Hence the basic requirement for any hosting service is to have a strong hold on the above technologies. Few questions to be answered before finalizing upon the best hosting services are:
- Who is it for? The size and scale of the online presence of an enterprise define the requirement to finalize your hosting service.
- Is there a 24*7 support service available? You should be able to reach friendly and knowledgeable support people at any hour of the day or night. Also if your host can update you with various WordPress add-ins available, new themes introduced and certain specific settings, it really enhances the appearance and performance of your website.
- How secure is your website ? with increasing cases of cyber crimes, our host should have verifiably secure systems in place to deter common attacks.
- Whether the uploading and upgrading procedure is fast and smooth? The website should quickly upload onto the web; an excellent uptime is a big plus. Also, if the WordPress installation has too many plugs activated or the theme is not SEO friendly, the overall performance gets affected.
- What is the cost? The Dedicated server being the most expensive, we need to take a call, based upon our budgets.
Apart from the above Backup facility is also very important. In the event of hard drive crashing, your vital data is irrecoverable. If the hosting service also offers an option of daily backup, it would be constructive.